Monday, May 3, 2010

PET Scan

I had my PET scan today. I was REALLY nervous about it because I am claustrophobic. It wasn't bad!!! The nice lady, Jennifer, took me in a room and pricked my finger to check my sugar level or something. Then she put an IV in (one prick, she was good) and shot the dye in. Then she took the IV out! I thought it was going to stay in the whole time! I took an anti-anxiety pill that the doctor had prescribed. Jennifer left the room after covering me with a warm blanket. I rested for an hour, took a pee, then approached the machine. It was the donut type, but thicker, not the open glass one that I had seen on google. I put a washcloth over my eyes so I wouldn't know when my head was inside. I thought of my kids and grandkids. Emery with her little princesses, Ian pushing his dumptrucks in the sand, Landon lining up all his cars, and Elliot repeating everything in a book. And I sang primary songs in my head the whole time. Before I knew it, she comes in and said I was done! 10-15 minutes tops!

3 comments:

  1. So glad it was quick! But let's pray you never have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy it wasn't too bad for you. Thinking positive thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are one brave woman!! you are amazing Aunt Suzie! we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete