Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bone Marrow Biopsy

I went to Banner Baywood today for the Bone Marrow Biopsy. They had to take my blood to test it before they could do it. 2 pricks, not fun. Then a more experienced nurse came in to put the IV in (for the anesthesia). It took her 2 tries, or maybe it was 3. She kept apologizing and digging around. After that, it was pretty much a breeze! The lady doing the test was preparing the area (lower back on the right side) and the anesthesiologist was preparing his stuff. I asked him if he was going to put me out before they deadened the area. He said "yes" and that's the last thing I remember. Everyone was SO nice. Dave joined me and I finally got some water to drink! It's been 9 hours, and I am not that sore. Miss Christi and Miss Kelee from preschool brought us dinner! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. So glad its over and your not that sore, what a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete