Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Results

I called Dr. Dharia's office at 10:30 and left a message with the receptionist to give to his assistant asking for the biopsy results.  At 1:30 I called again and left a message on the recorder for Dr. Dharia's assistant telling her that I needed to know the results today and that I was coming down there if I didn't get a return phone call.  They close at 4:00, so I went down there at 3:00.  I told the receptionist I was there to find out the results of the biopsy because the hospital told me the doctor would have them by Wednesday.  She checked the computer and said they were not in yet.  I insisted they were supposed to be there.  She went in the other room and came back awhile later and said they just came in.  I'm sorry, I don't believe that.  I bet they came in yesterday.  She said the doctor would call me later, or I could wait to talk to him.  Yeah, right, they'll call me.  I'm waiting right here!  I really like Dr. Dharia, but I've had 3 bad experiences with the staff, so I am checking out another place, probably MD Anderson.  Anyway, Dr. Dharia comes in and says the good news is that it's not Lymphoma, but inconclusive about it being another slower growing cancer.  I will have the nodule removed and they will be able to tell exactly what it is.  It would have to be removed anyway.  As I was leaving, the doctor said they were about to call me.  I'm sorry, I don't believe that.  I know I wouldn't have gotten a call today, and I doubt I would have gotten one tomorrow either.  I just don't think they care (except Dr. Dharia).  24 hours, 12 hours, even 2 more hours is a long time to wait for results.

3 comments:

  1. Good girl! Those "we'll call you" things are horrible business behavior. Super-glad it's not Lymphoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the same thing and gone done there myself! You are in our prayers, Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes aunt susie! what a nightmare:( im sorry

    ReplyDelete