Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meeting with Surgeon

Dave went with me to meet with Dr. Masur, the surgeon yesterday.  I'm glad he went with me, because he spent an hour with us!  It was a lot of information.  I have the surgery scheduled for next Tuesday, October 23.  They will go in and remove the "almost golf ball size" nodule and the right side of my thyroid.  They will then send it to the lab and wait the 15-20 minutes for the results (while I "sleep").  If it is not cancer (which it is most likely not) then they are done and I will go home after a few hours, as long as I am doing OK.  If there is cancer (please, NO!) then they will take the other half of the thyroid out also, and I will have to stay overnight.  The only symptoms I have is that I have felt like I am getting a sore throat, but it never gets bad.  This has been going on for months.  It also feels like there is a small obstruction when I swallow, but not a big deal.  I am anxious to get this over with!

3 comments:

  1. praying for option A no cancer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in our prayers too! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Sarah's situation last year. She's been there, call her when it's all done. The surgery's a breeze.

    ReplyDelete